The Traffic situations in India is very bad and is getting worse by each passing day. So today we would be talking about some tips not just to survive the Indian Traffic but conquer it like a boss.The list goes like this-
1)Always stay in the middle of the road-Yes for real. You gotta stay in the middle lane no matter what (unless you wanna take a turn) because you have no idea what will jump out of the corners of the road(ex-cow,people, aliens and anything imaginable by the uman mind).So if you don’t want to end up behind bars for Hit and Run stay in the middle lane and under the speed limit.
2) Always keep your eyes and ears open-The Traffic Rules are like Rocket Science for most of the Indian motorists. So don’t expect them to follow any. The people don’t even check their mirrors before taking a turn leave alone following the drill. They won’t hesitate to cut right across your vehicle and that too dangerously. That is the reason why 1 person dies in a motor accident in India every 4 minutes. The statistics of the death are surprising and eye opening.
3) Don’t advice anyone-We Indians have some serious Ego issues especially related to someone questioning our driving abilities. A simple helpful advice could hurt ego of the driver and you end up with a quarrel or even fights.
4) Watch out for young reckless motorists-As I said earlier Indians don’t know the ABC of Traffic Rules. The parents leave their young kids on the roads with two-wheelers and even four-wheelers. The young ones are often seen driving recklessly and putting their as well as other lives at risk. They consider the roads as a Race Track. There are various instances of accidents involving minors driving. So it is better to give way to the speeding ones.
5) Give way to the speeding –No one follows the speed limit especially on highways because of less patrolling. So if you see someone coming in hot from behind then humbly give them way. Don’t try to block their way it will seriously freak them out and who wonders the driver’s uncle might be a MLA (hamare chacha vidhayak hai) then you are in a big trouble.
6) Ride Hard, Ride Safe– Indian driving conditions are pretty hard. The best way to stay safe is to follow rules and your common sense. SUV’s are the perfect vehicles for the Indian roads as they have high ground clearance and for the pothole filled roads of India they are the best bet. For bikers ride at moderate speeds and look out for sides of the road and on the road for potholes is the way to arrive back home in a single piece.